India is known for some of the best vacation experiences perfect for an entire family. The country is blessed with a galore of family holiday destinations in India. The diverse country has a varied range of destinations where you and your family can get the most out of your vacations. Your kids are sure to fall in love with the destinations mentioned below and will be pleased to carry a bag full of memories with them.
Shimla is a beautiful holiday getaway in the hills. It is best explored with friends and family putting it on our list of the best family holiday destinations in India. The ‘Queen of Hills’ never fails to enthral tourists be it any season. Escape to the hills and let the fun begin!
Things to do in Shimla with kids
- Explore the Kufri Fun World
- Learn about British Era at the Shimla Heritage Museum
- Shopping at Lakkad Bazaar
- Picnic at Summer Hill
- Visit Hip Hip Hurray Amusement Park
- Toy train ride from Kalka to Shimla, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site
The list of the best family vacation destinations in India remain incomplete without the mention of Manali. It offers perfect escape from the monotonous life and has impressed travellers since times immemorial. Snow covered mountains, scenic landscape and salubrious climate makes it apt for a family holiday.
Things to do in Manali with kids
- Zorbing at Solang Valley
- Easy trek to Beas Kund
- Enjoy the scenic bliss of Van Vihar
- Pray at the ancient Hidimba Temple
- Picnic amid the apple orchards
- Skiing at Rohtang Pass
- Go to Himvalley Amusement and Cultural Park
- Enjoy a hot water bath at Manikaran Gurudwara
The search for child friendly holiday destinations in India takes you to Nainital. Engulfed in nature’s bounty, this hill station is a jewel of the mighty Himalayan Range and is without any doubt perfect for families. Be of any age, the hill town has abundance of delights.
Things to do in Nainital with kids
- Horse ride up the Tiffin Top
- Soak in the eternal beauty from Snow View Point
- Know some scientific facts at ARIES
- Hang out at Eco Cave Garden
- Spot animals at Nainital Zoo
- Enjoy Boating at lakes of Nainital, Bhimtal and Nakuchiatal
- Elephant Safari at Jim Corbett National Park
- Worship at Naina Devi Temple
- Delight in at Appu Ghar
Munnar home to emerald green tea plantations of Kerala and is ranked amongst the places to go with family in India. This hill station exudes a tranquil vibe that leaves a long lasting impression on your mind. The refreshing retreat in the hills is perfect for families to spend time together, relax, try out adventures and make some cherished memories.
Things to do in Munnar with kids
- Shout out your name at Echo Point
- Get insights about Stone Age Civilization at Marayoor
- Spot Nilgiri Tahr at the Rajamalai National Park
- Guess the names of the birds you see at the Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Stay in a Tree House
- Spend time at Wonder Valley Adventure and Amusement Park
[Also read about other places to visit in Kerala.]
Truly a nature’s bounty, Darjeeling is ideal place for vacation with family in India. This is a destination where youthful vibe combines with colonial as well as modern charm for this reason making it one of the best holiday destinations. It is a pleasant experience to witness how the mighty mountains make way for Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tea, Trekking, Tiger Hill, Bhutia Monastery are some other delights.
Things to do in Darjeeling with kids
- Espy rare animals in the Darjeeling Zoo
- Delight in a ropeway ride
- Horse Riding and Boating at Mirik
- Visit Dreamland Fun World Amusement Park
- Attend cultural program in the evening at Shrubbery Nightingale Park
- Toy Train ride and Trekking is an absolute must
Known for producing a delicious hard candy also called as ‘Chikki’, Lonavla is one of the best family holiday destinations in India. Dotted with lakes, waterfalls and hills around, it is a lush hill town. Snuggled amid Western Ghats, is a utopia for trekkers and hikers. Going with the meaning of its name, Lonavla consists of numerous of caves.
Things to do in Lonavla with kids
- Feel the thrill at Imagica Adlabs
- Soak in the beauty at Bushi Dam
- Delight in a spectacular view from the Rajmachi Fort
- Get the aerial view from the Amrutanjan Point
- Click some pics with sculptures of well-known artists at Celebrity Wax Museum
- Della Adventure Park also offers exciting fun opportunities
Scenic hills, adventure, relaxing and pure mountain air, all things considered make Ooty an ideal family holiday destination in India. The blue mountains of Nilgiris add a wow factor in the ethereal beauty of the place. Hilltop gardens, meandering roads covered in mist, lakes, tea gardens, UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nilgiri Toy Train are some pleasures.
Things to do in Ooty with kids
- Enjoy views of Doddabetta Peak
- Visit Botanical Garden & the lush Government Rose Garden
- Take a tour of the Tea Factory
- Enjoy natural bliss at Ooty, Avalanche Lake & Emerald Lake
- See what Pykara River has in store for you
- Head towards Thunder World, a theme park with snow room and dinosaur
- Wildlife safari at Mudumalai National Park
[Read about the Treasures Unrevealing the History and Heritage of Tamil Nadu.]
Goa is truly one of the bets holiday destinations in India and that holds true for families. ‘The party capital of India’ fáiltes tourists from all over the world with never ending fun and frolic. A melange of white sand and azure water, the state lures nature lovers. Savour some of the ‘Goan’ cuisines and light a candle at any of the ancient churches here. The charm of Goa makes it one of the best family holiday destinations in India.
Things to do in Goa with kids
- Enjoy beaches
- Try your hands at the water sports activities
- Thrilling experience at Froggyland Amusement Park
- View the majestic Dudhsagar Falls
- Fort Aguada can prove to be a head turner
[Have fun with these things to do in Goa.]
The favoured hill station in Uttarakhand, Mussoorie is perfect for good vacation time with family. One of the child friendly holiday destinations in India, it amuses with its warm hospitality. This picturesque location is apt respite from the galling chaos of the city. Spend some time appreciating the glory of nature.
Things to do in Mussoorie with kids
- Take bath at the Kempty Falls
- Picnic at fruit orchards
- Praise the Himalayan artwork at the Soham Heritage & Art Centre
- Wait for your turn for a boat ride at the Company Bagh
- Camping at the Bhadraj Temple
- Cable Car ride to Gun Hill Point
With snow covered Himalayas in the backdrop, Srinagar is the one of the best family holiday destinations in India. Comprising spellbinding view of valleys, leaves you absolutely awe-struck. Boating in the Dal Lake is a beauty that each one of you will truly appreciate. Even leisure can be celebrated here in the houseboats.
Things to do in Srinagar with kids
- Shopping at the floating market in Dal Lake
- Taste mouth-watering and hot delicacies
- Enhance your historical knowledge at Hari Parbat Fort
- Visit Chashm-e-Shahi
- Pay homage at Kheer Bhawani, a temple constructed over colour changing spring
- Pluck apples at Nishat and Shalimar Bagh
- Escape to Gulmarg, Sonamarg and Pahalgam
A trip with near and dear ones is not complete without visiting these family holiday destinations in India.
[Plan your memorable family holidays with our customized packages.]